Friday, August 4, 2017

Football












































The Eagles made it again for the 2022 season, but lost to the Chiefs in SB 57!!


























RG3: "Whenever you can be a Christian and come to a Christian university like Baylor and make a difference like this whole football team has, it’s great. [God] gives you the stage to make a difference and not to just talk about yourself, but lift Him up. There are a lot of different types of Christians everywhere, but my biggest thing is it’s not our job to judge; it’s just our job to go out, praise Him, let people know what He’s doing, and let people follow if they want to. So I praise God, I thank him for everything. Purposefully, you live every day for Him, and when He gives you the opportunity to speak up for Him or to do something in His name, you do it.”

Anquan Boldin in Walter Payton 2015 Man of the Year speech: "When I first got into the NFL nobody could tell me anything. I was living life," Boldin said. "I had achieved my dream of one day making it into the NFL, but I soon realized that's not what life is all about. I realized my purpose in life was not to make it to the NFL and score touchdowns. God put me on this earth for something much bigger than that and I realized and understand what my purpose is now. ... It's my prayer and my hope that I can live out the rest of my life honoring God and help as many people as possible."

2017 Browns Rookie DL Larry Ogunjobi: "It’s humbling but my favorite verse in Matthew is for those who humble themselves will be exalted and those who exalt themselves will be humbled. There’s a time where God has to teach you certain things and in order to be a great leader, you have to be a great follower. I had to come in and learn how to get better, how to do the things I had to do. I’m still learning and I’m still getting better. I’m not where I want to be yet but I know I’m on the right path."